Chattanooga, TN is known as the “Scenic City” for its variety of natural attractions, offering fun outdoor activities like hiking, climbing, kayaking, biking, and more. The city has a unique history as a Civil War battleground and played a role in the rail industry. Chattanooga is also a great place to live for families, retirees, and everyone else in between.
Are you considering relocating to Chattanooga? There are many reasons someone may think about this change such as starting a new career or settling down and starting a family. You may even simply be looking for a change of scenery or have to move because of a health condition.
No matter what it is that’s bringing you to the city, it’s important to take some time and learn about Chattanooga moving costs. There are a handful of factors that go into the price such as where you’re relocating to, the number of belongings you have, and the local rates.
Get all the details about the moving costs in Chattanooga and see what you can expect to pay for your upcoming transition.
Factors That Affect Your Moving Costs in Chattanooga
The majority of relocation companies will charge for moves based on an hourly moving rate. As they gather information about the project, they’ll be able to provide you with an accurate quote for your Chattanooga moving costs.
A few of the most relevant factors that go into a relocation estimate are:
- Volume of your belongings: The number of items that you’ll need to have transported will be considered when calculating how long the transition will take.
- Packing: If you want to add professional packing services to your relocation process, the cost of labor will be factored into your moving costs in Chattanooga.
- Moving supplies: An efficient moving company will bring along any relevant relocation materials that are needed to get the job done.
- Location access: However easy or difficult it is to reach your front door or garage will be part of the final costs.
- Stairs: If your home or apartment building has stairs, the price of your move will likely be a bit higher.
- Furniture assembly/disassembly: When you request that additional service of disassembling furniture and reassembling it, these efforts will be added to the bottom line.
- Traveling distance: Depending on where you are moving to and from, your Chattanooga moving costs will vary with the distance.
- Special assistance: Additional costs will be considered when moving a piano, transferring fragile furniture, extra equipment requirements, and more.
Full-Service Movers vs. DIY Moving in Chattanooga
There are so many benefits that come with getting help from top-rated movers in Chattanooga, starting with a higher level of safety and protection on your behalf. A reliable team will provide all of the moving supplies and also offer packing services to make your transition as simple as possible.
Experienced moving companies will also have their own specialized trucks that are made to securely transport your belongings from one place to another. You can rest assured that your furniture and other possessions will be protected every step of the way.
Instead of struggling through the relocation process on your own, a trustworthy moving company will save you a huge amount of time and energy. They’ll use their industry expertise and years of experience to ensure every part of the job is handled correctly the first time.
Once the move is complete, you’ll realize the entire relocation process was stress-free and simple because you hired the best movers to help you.
Average Moving Costs in Chattanooga
How much do movers cost in Chattanooga? A team of expert movers will gladly provide you with a relocation estimate that is fair and affordable.
Your Chattanooga moving costs will be calculated based on a variety of factors including the size of your location and however many movers are needed to handle the job. Typically, these prices will be calculated by using local hourly moving rates that are focused on industry norms.
Once all of these considerations are put into place, the final moving costs in Chattanooga will depend on the amount of time your relocation takes to complete.
Cost to Move a 1 Bedroom Apartment in Chattanooga
The process of moving a one-bedroom apartment tends to take anywhere from 3 to 6 hours and two movers. Local moving companies will give you a fair Chattanooga relocation quote that includes the estimated time paired with the number of bodies that will be required.
Cost to Move a 2 Bedroom Apartment in Chattanooga
For a two-bedroom apartment relocation, the task will usually take three moving professionals and around 3 to 6 hours of labor. You can determine the hourly moving rates in Chattanooga and factor them into the job to identify your final price.
Cost to Move a Home in Chattanooga
Among the main considerations for your Chattanooga moving costs, the size of a location will often be the biggest factor. Home transitions tend to take between 4 to 7 hours and require three or more movers on site. The larger your home, the more likely it will take longer and need more professionals to help out.
The cost of movers in Chattanooga will change as a team determines the square footage of your home, how many belongings you own, and how far away you’re relocating. A long-distance move will often include a binding Chattanooga moving estimate.
Tips to Make Your Chattanooga Relocation More Affordable
Trying to figure out how to reduce the cost of moving in Chattanooga? You can use a handful of strategies that will help you lower your Chattanooga relocation quote before the process even gets started.
- Throw away junk: Get rid of old furniture, trash, and other items you don’t need so your movers won’t have to relocate it as part of the relocation.
- Pack your own possessions: If you take the time to get packed by yourself, you can save money that will otherwise be charged to your moving costs in Chattanooga.
- Break down furniture: Any items you can disassemble and make easier to move will save your moving company time so they can simply load it in the truck.
- Check with HOA/Landlord: Confirm that your landlord or local homeowner’s association don’t have any set regulations or restrictions for moving.
- Provide clear instructions: Have a detailed plan of action ready ahead of time so you can simply point and tell movers where to go and what to do.
- Offer drinks and snacks: Any professional mover will tell you that snacks and drinks are motivators to work faster and get the job done more efficiently.
How To Choose a Chattanooga Moving Company
Deciding between local moving companies doesn’t have to be a difficult and stressful step in your relocation process. There are a few considerations you should think about that will make your choice easier and lead to more affordable Chattanooga moving costs.
- Read Google and Yelp online moving company reviews
- Look at their claims rate percentage
- Identify how many years they’ve been in business
- Search for how many moves they have handled
- Only hire licensed and insured moving companies
- Ensure they offer the specific services you need
- Confirm they have the equipment that will be required
All Out Moving & Storage is the best moving company in Chattanooga with more than 8 years of industry experience. Our leading 99% customer satisfaction rate is proof that our veteran-owned and operated team cares about you and your belongings. With over 4,000 relocations under our belts, we’ve received hundreds of reviews on Google and Facebook from happy clients over the years.
Additional Chattanooga Moving Tips
How much should you tip movers in Chattanooga?
Once your relocation is completed successfully, it is an industry standard to offer a tip of either $25 per mover or to split 18-20% of the final Chattanooga moving costs between the team.
Ultimate Chattanooga Moving Checklist
Make sure you take a look at our Ultimate Chattanooga Moving Checklist so you can be fully prepared to handle each and every step involved with your upcoming move.
Don’t forget to read this helpful guide to setting up your Chattanooga utilities so you don’t show up to your new home and find there is no electricity or running water.
Get an Affordable Moving Quote in Chattanooga
When you’ve identified what to expect from moving costs in Chattanooga, it’s time to reach out to a dependable company that will offer you an affordable price. Choose the team of top-rated Chattanooga movers at All Out Moving & Storage to get a fair and cost-friendly moving estimate! Give us a call today at (423) 716-3025 or complete the Request a Quote form for a free moving estimate!